12 Kasım 2019 Salı

CHAPTER 8 - The Inspiration & The Story

inspiration:

My current story is entirely based on the fact that, me finding out that I’ve been imitating an image of someone else for all my life, afraid of being exposed to who I really am.

What got my attention in my past work, are the common themes that were mesmerizingly repeating themselves… childhood innocence, lost identities, prophecies, magical journeys, searching for eternal happiness and one’s true purpose in life. And of course my tireless efforts to hide them in plain sight within my narratives.

But no more hiding!

Now I am inspired by artists who are not afraid to be themselves. Now I am inspired by artist who have the courage to expose the system and not being afraid by the consequences. My biggest inspiration in this life is Laura Poitras (hello NSA:) and her courageous subjects and her calm, distant, strong narrative and vision.

Bottom line is I am tired of being afraid… I just want to tell my story!

story:

A feature documentary about an adult filmmaker who starts life over again after recollecting a hidden childhood memory of his own; trying to learn how to live, tracing how he got here in the first place… One narrative simultaneously examining 3 perception of realities:

1) The journey (actual timeline of the documentary)

Narrating the story from the beginning, I wish to show how big of a silent issue ‘childhood traumas’ are in our daily conversation, how it affects the people who go through with it, and what is the role of our system in it.

This main part of the documentary is dark, calm and slow paced where the character begins a journey to find one’s true self and begins to heal the pain of the trauma.

2) The healing (the animation)

With the guidance of experts and neuroscientists, I wish to use Lucid Dreaming and re-enact my dreams to connect with my subconscious and visualize the trauma.

This will be a ‘Petit Prince’ like drawn ‘Don Chiote’ story of a child against an invisible monster who has been haunting him for his entire life. The illustrations of the dreams will be innocent, chivalrous and heroic.

3) The culprit (Hollywood)

On this part I wish to introduce a basic, formulated Hollywood movie about a college freshman who one day gets a surprise visit from his future self; to prevent him to go through the biggest trauma of his life that will change the entire outcome of his future forever.

The visuals of this ‘made up’ movie, as a contrast will be extremely commercial, and the snippets of the film that we’re going to see will aim to expose insider film industry tricks, subtle commercial messages and pre-designed triggering words that only aims to create an idealized unreachable idea of reality for its consumers.

Same 3 characters, in 3 different realities, in 3 different textures. One narrative.

hdigis.

keywords:

“childhood”, “memory”, “loss”, “childhood trauma”, “hidden trauma”, “story”, “narrative”, “storytelling”, “documentary”, “feature”, “subconscious”, “guardian angel”, “lucid dreaming”, “smells”, “choices”, “vulnerability”, “escape”, “reality”, “fiction”, “commercial”, “film”, “industry”, “starting over”, “revolt”, “pain”, “dreams”, “journey”, “adult”, “grounding”, “behavior”, “pattern”.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder